Over the years, Sell & Melton LLP has enjoyed a long history of representing government clients throughout the State of Georgia. Today, we continue to provide comprehensive services that address the many legal issues facing government entities. We serve a number of state and local government agencies, including the health department, the hospital authority, development authorities, and the Department of Transportation.
Legal Services Tailored to the Needs of Georgia’s Government Agencies
We are very cognizant that our government clients must answer to the public. Our Macon government lawyers tailor their representation to meet the very complex and unique needs of government organizations.
Our services include:
- Ongoing advisory services
- Attendance at meetings of the board, commission, authority and their committees
- General contracts
- Tax-Exempt Bond Financing
- Open Records Act advice, training, and responses
- Open Meeting advice and training (Sunshine law)
- Advice on legislation, ordinances and local codes
- Condemnation and eminent domain
- Industrial development
- Government financing
- Litigation and claims disputes
Our History of Representative Government Clients
- State of Georgia: Department of Human Resources, Department of Corrections, Department of Transportation, Department of Administrative Services and Board of Regents
- Local Georgia governments: Bibb County, Twiggs County, and the City of Macon
- Authorities and agencies: Macon-Bibb County Industrial Authority, Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority, Development Authority of Bibb County, Development Authority of the City of Jeffersonville and Twiggs County, Macon-Bibb County Hospital Authority, Macon-Bibb County Board of Health, Macon-Bibb County Board of Elections, Bibb County Board of Tax Assessors, Bibb County Tax Commissioner, Bibb County Sheriff’s Office, Solid Waste Management Authority of Crisp County, Taylor County Superintendent of Elections, Baldwin County Board of Elections, Middle Georgia Regional Commission (formerly RDC).
Our law firm also provides education and training for a wide variety of governmental organizations.
Bibb County Lawyers for Government Representation
Our Georgia lawyers are ready to help clients address a range of complex legal issues. Contact our office at 478-746-8521 to discuss your specific matter with one of our Macon government law attorneys.